LifeACT International

LifeACT International
"What's your quest?" (Click on the LifeACT logo to be redirected to the National Mastermind Meetup Miracles group!)

Sunday, March 27, 2011

DAY 42: ACT III Conscious Competence

DAY 42: ACT III Conscious Competence

March 27, 2011
11:15 am

We are now crossing into the “Final Act” of the 60 Day Quest. The 7th Week covers what I call the “Sacrimentor” phase (a hybrid word between “sacrifice” and “mentor”.) In traditional mythology this is where the hero, after having a tumultuous brush with the Dark Night, has appeared to have died. There is a brief retreat where the hero usually finds some key information, a psychological center, to be able to return and partake in the Climax of the story.

This is also the moment when a teacher or a guide might sacrifice something to push you to your potential. An Obi-Wan, Gandalf, Aslan or Dumbledore will sacrifice his life to impart a deep understanding to you. Remember, it is after Luke sees Obi-Wan sacrifice his life that the latter understands how to use the Force. Obi-Wan’s voice has no become internal, a part of Luke - no longer represented by an exterior “body”. Luke has learned “conscious competence” (at least for that phase of his development) and knows he couldn’t have been given this power without having been through the journey up to that point.

Act III of the 60 Day Quest represents integrating all the powers from the emotional world and bringing them into manifestation into the material world. Interpreting this with Law of Attraction terminology this would be the “receiving” phase. (Act I representing “asking” in the mental world, Act II representing “believing” in the emotional world.) We’ve gone from Unconscious Incompetence in Act 1 to Conscious Incompetence in Act 2 and finally to Conscious Competence here in Act 3.

It is here where dreams can become heightened as well. Last night I dreamed half my “family” was superhero/god and the other half was mortal. It reminds me that the purpose of the Quest is to become master of two worlds - the material and spiritual. I dreamed both sides of my family where there for my birthday where I had half a birthday cake. This is symbolic to me that I’m halfway to becoming the person I’m creating through this Quest.

My conscious competence is starting to become apparent to me when I watch the new video I produced yesterday. Since I’ve been forced to wait a week to make the “real” video explaining the Destiny 5 Experience Reality Television Concept, I’ve been forced to script, storyboard and put together pieces of what I could accomplish over the weekend. The video features 3 segments that show the process of writing a script, making a sketch, putting animation to the sketch and then see the live outcome of the planning. This is the Destiny 5 concept: write your story, rehearse it and the “final take” doesn’t happen in a fictional story in front of a camera, no, the “final take” happens in your real life! My abilities as an amateur film maker are starting to come into full bloom and I can see now why I’ve been force to shelf my “masterpiece” for another week.

Though I’m no professional film maker by any stretch of the imagination, I’m proud of my emerging competence to be able to tell a story through this medium. There is definitely a feeling of conscious competence about this.

During this phase we also partake in an activity called the “Question Circle”. If you’re doing this in a group, you ask a question, the next person in the circle “makes up an answer” and forms a new question based on their answer. It goes all the way around the circle until it comes back to you. You then finish the circle and ask your original question again, this time answering it yourself.

Here’s an example. My first question to explore was: What will I do to bring in the annual income before DAY 60 and have it be immensely enjoyable?
***
ONE LAYER DEEP

Joe (Participant 2): (answers the question) Keep doing what you’re doing because you’re on the right track. (Joe reforms his statement into a new question.) In what ways is Mike on the right track?

TWO LAYERS DEEP

Sally (Participant 3): Mike already has five branches of where his annual income will be coming from: Television Production, One-Day/Weekend Workshops, Coaching Programs, 10 Volumes of Audio and Quest Vacation Retreats. He even has Single Units comprising of two books and these audio programs. All he needs to do now is finish what he started…

(Sally forms a new question based on her answer.) What will Mike do this week to finish what he started?

THREE LAYERS DEEP
Luke (Participant 4): Mike has to start a centralized website now that he has some money in which to play with. The video he is also planning on producing will be a big step in the right direction for where he wants to be with his Quest.

(New Question.) Why will a centralized website catapult Mike in the right direction?

FOUR LAYERS DEEP

Hermione (Participant 5): Mike’s book and audio programs are tremendously valuable only no one has been exposed to them yet. He can give away Volume 1 of his audio program and offer his second book as free and/or cheap incentives to understand the power of this Quest works.

(New Question.) What will Mike do today to assure this gets rolling before the 60 Day expiration date?

FIVE LAYERS DEEP

Obi-Wan (Participant 6): Mike will reserve his domain name and build his new website. He already has text, photos and videos ready to go so designing the new website will be relatively easy for him. As he moves forward with his audio programs he can start referring listeners to his new domain site.

(New Question.) How does Mike thoroughly enjoy the process of doing this work over the next week so that it’s thoroughly enjoyable?

SIX LAYERS DEEP

Dumbledore (Participant 7): Mike has already taken the burden off his shoulders in that he knows regardless of the outcome he’s already won. Knowing that these steps will be easy will also make this enjoyable for Mike. I think what Mike needs to make it enjoyable is to know someone is listening and paying attention. A little support goes a long way.

(New Question.) How will Mike enlist this support?

SEVEN LAYERS DEEP/FINAL LAYER

Mike: Mike will send correspondences out asking his network in what new directions he can take his efforts. He will also share a brief two minute clip of the television project about to be released.

(Original Question.) What will I do to bring in the annual income before DAY 60 and have it be immensely
enjoyable?

I know now I need a website up offering my free products to generate relationships. My television show is a step in the right direction in that a whole new explosion of exposure and vivid detail of my work will be ready for review. I’m no longer worried about completing this in 60 Days because with all this momentum I will be generating the income I seek, even if it is down the road for another 3-6 months. But still, I’m having a blast doing this and I know launching a website will bring me closer to the successful conclusion of this 60 Day Quest. I’ll start launching it now.
***
So you can see, you can play the “Question Circle” on your own by writing a script. You can even put together a “dream team” on your circle council like Obi-Wan and Hermione. I’ll also hope you’ll notice the quality of this game rests in the QUALITY OF THE QUESTIONS. That is a key skill to be mastered this week - the Art of the Powerful Question. I don’t believe the universe responds to commands but by using your wisdom to form the right questions.

Wow! Okay, this was a long entry. One final day of calibrations and I will put “the ladder” away from this blog. (Though I plan on continuing to use the tool in private.)

Consciously and Competently Yours,
Mike Shoeman
 
Clarity: I’m clear about my next step. I’m clear about the power in my thoughts and deeds right now. I’m clear about why the Dark Night was necessary. I’m clear about asking the right questions. I’m clear that I want to get started…

Love: I love to write and make videos. I love to create. I love to give people the space to express themselves. I love communication. I appreciate it when people take risks. I’m grateful for the opportunity to write my thoughts and feelings down. I love feeling grateful and appreciative. I appreciate the connection between words like “love”, “gratitude” and “appreciation”.

Joy: Joy is coming for me again! Joy is having all creativity unblocked. Joy is writing because I love to write, not because I’m looking for anyone’s praise or approval. Joy is embracing my imperfections. Joy is giving oneself permission. Joy is simple, free from complexities.

Peace: Peace is knowing, no matter the outcome, that we can always come back to these emotions. Peace is silence of the mind. Peace is the dream that never was. Peace is where all dreams lead. Peace is the silence between sounds. Peace is absent once you go looking for it.

Enlightenment: Wondering how much can be sustained in a human body.

No comments:

Post a Comment