LifeACT International

LifeACT International
"What's your quest?" (Click on the LifeACT logo to be redirected to the National Mastermind Meetup Miracles group!)

Sunday, March 20, 2011

DAY 35: Addicted to Maps

DAY 35: Addicted to Maps

March 20, 2011
12:36 pm

It’s an obsession! I’m addicted to looking at maps!

I’m doing something fun for myself today that is work related. Some of the potential partners in my world have encouraged me to “think bigger” about how to bring my Quest program to specific clients. I’m going to “play” today and create Quest programs for places where I really want to travel. (Since traveling is a priority in my business and I enjoy traveling immensely.)

My program address the power of myth and storytelling into our lives. And, as been documented in the past few days especially, I’m incorporate elements of movie making in my process. What better way to explore the monomyth in our own lives than traveling to either distant lands or places immersed in the movie-making/story-telling process?

Often people will make videos of their vacation but all the videos are the same. After a while, seeing the same places and events over and over on a video leaves you rather stale. BUT - if you are fully engaged in your story, possibly taking a 5 day vision quest, and the video DOCUMENTS your growth - now it ceases to be a video and it turns into a movie! It’s the story that makes a video into a movie.

Today I’m going to bookstore and researching places I love and/or want to visit for the first time. Today I’m a detective searching for ways to incorporate my 9 phases of the Hero’s Journey and tying them into these destinations. Destinations like Disney World, Los Angeles, Europe and Canada. Eventually I’d like to look into Africa, Asia and Australia but my burning desires are the latter destinations mentioned.

Tying this into a lesson, I think it is a powerful demonstration of holding true to your highest desires and values. Mine of course, as I’ve said, is traveling. Maybe deep down I can satisfy an urge to be a travel agent/tour guide by incorporating my Quest process to the places I’m naturally attracted to.

Michael Shoeman
The Global Life Artist?

No comments:

Post a Comment