LifeACT International

LifeACT International
"What's your quest?" (Click on the LifeACT logo to be redirected to the National Mastermind Meetup Miracles group!)

Monday, March 7, 2011

DAY 20: Bouncing Back

DAY 20: Bouncing Back

March 5, 2011
2:50 pm

Been spending a relaxing weekend at my parents before taking on the Desert this week. Got some good news that my taxes aren’t going to be as expensive as I originally thought. Things are looking up and I’m putting a lot less pressure on myself.

I haven’t been as active in my outreach these last few days. I think it was because of the other day and the negative feedback I’d gotten from Sarasota. Well, it is in these moments where one is defined - if I stop I’ve lost. If I continue I’ll win. Even though I don’t have the answers, I am convinced that, no matter the outcome, if I keep going I’ve won in spirit. The plan is still the same I’m just taking the feedback and changing my approach. "No such thing as failure; only feedback."

We are one-third into the Quest and it usually feels tumultuous going into the “Second Act” which is very emotional. In three to four weeks time is when some pretty amazing stuff historically happens. I’m lucky in that I have past history with the Quest to reference. I know going into the Desert to expect putting out a lot of work and not expect a lot of feedback. The Desert makes you feel lost and alone but it’s where you develop your most consistent emotional habits and reactions. If I continue to reach out everyday, it becomes a habit. That’s what makes a Quest successful - daily consistent action.

I consider myself successful if I continue to reach out this week while in the Desert. Luckily, this daily journal keeps me “checking in” with my progress. Yes, journaling does make a HUGE difference.

Okay, time to get back up on the horse.
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment