LifeACT International

LifeACT International
"What's your quest?" (Click on the LifeACT logo to be redirected to the National Mastermind Meetup Miracles group!)

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

DAY 3: More on the Power of My Own Personal "WHY"

DAY 3

February 16, 2011
8:43pm

There are mixed feelings going into today. I’m excited yet overwhelmed at the moment. It’s really beginning to feel real - this 60 Day Quest I’ve taken on for myself. Publicly announcing (even though not many people are listening) that I intend to raise an entire years worth of committed income in less than the 60 Day time limit is now becoming a part of my reality. Yes, at times it’s daunting as I’ve opened myself up to a lot of feedback (“Make your worksheets like this!” “Change your brochure so it looks more like that! Make sure you have a writeup that says this! Have you considered doing that?) All of the details which threaten to pull me off of my primary intention - to do the work which will deliver me the prize of my 60 Day Quest.

Not that I’m complaining about getting so much support! I think it’s wonderful and I’ve been asking for a long time to have help. It makes me realize my former patterns of shutting down when things go overwhelming. But now I embrace these suggestions with openness and consider them blessings that people truly do care about the quest I’ve chosen. It might be a question of wrestling with my shadow a little early in this quest but I will excuse myself from doing everything perfectly and continue doing the best I can with what I have to work with (which is almost working with no resources and relying almost solely on creativity.)

The first week of the quest is about “Origins”. Finding out WHY you want to do something. I’ve been thinking extensively on what this current 60 Day Quest means to me. To me this Quest symbolizes a tremendous breakthrough. Imagine working really hard 60 days out of the year and having the other 300 days to pursue your true heart’s desires. For me my heart’s desire is building a business out of this so I’ll still be working constantly once the 60 days are over. But for those looking in from the outside it represents a quantum leap of freedom. I do believe, if given the opportunity, many of us would do more for other people than we would ever do for ourselves. So now I can see my quest from the perspective of giving others permission to free themselves of the perceived burdens of life.

Speaking of “Quantum Leaps” I’m meeting with my mentors Geoffrey Berwind and Steve Harrison. I’m also inspired today by Holly, a participant in our Destiny 5 workshop, who has almost completed a huge financial goal a mere couple days into her quest. Finally, I want to stay focused on having fun doing this quest. In previous quests I felt I might have needlessly suffered but this one is going to rock!

Okay, 10 “If I ruled the world’s…” then on with the day!

1. If I ruled the world each person in my life would know that I love him or her even if I can communicate as effectively as I’d like to today.
2. In my world work is fun and one of the highest joys one can experience.
3. In my world one day of working with my Print Master program would be enough to make me a master.
4. In my world I figure out how to make the photos on my brochure less “grainy”.
5. In my world a financial investor would come get me through this next month.
6. In my world I always look for your heart before making a decision about who you are.
7. In my world this game becomes more effective (and real!) every time you play it!
8. In my world I would have more hours in the day to edit videos - which I love doing so much!
9. In my world I will find extra time to touch base with everyone I need to in my life today.
10. In my world life is beautiful.

Mike Shoeman
Author of the book The Destiny 5 ExperienceFounder of the National Mastermind Meetup Miracles
Editor-in-chief of the LifeACT Video EzinePresident, LifeACT International
One Dude With Many Hats and Titles

No comments:

Post a Comment