LifeACT International

LifeACT International
"What's your quest?" (Click on the LifeACT logo to be redirected to the National Mastermind Meetup Miracles group!)

Thursday, February 24, 2011

DAY 11: The Shadow Closes In

DAY 11: The Shadow Closes In

February 24, 2011
9:07 am

I’ve really given a lot to others this week which as I’ve mentioned, the Shadow will require you to meet the needs of others. Sometimes miscommunication can happen here and please, dear reader, DO NOT BE FOOLED! This is a temptation to get upset and abandon your quest. I’m sitting in the parking lot of the offices of a good friend of mine because we mis-communicated the time we were going to meet to do a video shoot. I also just surprisingly found out I’ll be driving over an hour on Saturday to meet one of my intern staff in New Jersey after my girlfriend told me I’m supposed to stick around for a visit from her sister!

Aargh!

Okay. Step back. Breathe.

Be flexible: that’s the lesson. Sitting in this parking lot is allowing me to write this blog. Driving out to New Jersey will prove how dedicated I am to my intern staff and having them succeed.

Time to get re-centered on my quest which now taking on the form of working with partners. So what do I have to do to make today effective in moving forward with my potential partners?

Today I intend to edit another video or two which promotes my partner’s business and our joint venture together. I also intend to study another potential partner’s website, videos and blog. I also have speaking engagements that are happening that I have to follow up on. These tasks will be my focus for today to move my 60 Day Quest forward.

Now another round of What Happens Next?
Me: I’m frustrated today.
My Shadow: What happens next?
Me: It’s because I don’t have time to waste right now.
My Shadow: What happens next?
Me: I feel angry, stressed, frustrated.
My Shadow: What happens next?
Me: I wrote this blog.
My Shadow: What happens next?
Me: I’m still overwhelmed but at least focused on what to do today to move my quest forward.
My Shadow: What happens next?
Me: I feel better from re-centering my focus.

What Happens Next?

Me: I’m frustrated today.
My Shadow: (Tails) No, you’re not.
Me: I’m grateful for the opportunity to do a little self-exploration through this blog.
My Shadow: (Heads) What happens next?
Me: I breathed and got re-centered.
My Shadow: (Tails) No. You didn’t.
Me: I let go of all my tension and went with the flow.
My Shadow: (Heads) What happens next?
Me: I’m ready to see my friend with a clear mind and open heart.
My Shadow: (Heads) What happens next?
Me: I finished this blog for today.

Mike Shoeman
The Life Artist
CLICK HERE for 1 of 8 in a series entitled “The Most Memorable Meetup EVER!”
CLICK HERE for the latest installment of the LifeACT Video Ezine.
CLICK HERE for The Destiny 5 Experience Video.
with the “Chaos” factor

1 comment: