LifeACT International

LifeACT International
"What's your quest?" (Click on the LifeACT logo to be redirected to the National Mastermind Meetup Miracles group!)

Monday, February 28, 2011

DAY 15: The Helping Hands

DAY 15: The Helping Hands

February 28, 2011
7:46 am

We’re at the point in the story where “Act 1” has almost concluded. We’re about to make a huge leap: out of the mental and into the emotional world of “Act 2”. This is the point where our “unconscious incompetence” becomes “conscious incompetence” and that’s a hard pill to swallow.

Last night we had 10 participants experience the “Helping Hands” phase of the 60 Day Quest. I want to thank Melody, Lynne, Mike, Laurie, Zach, Margo, Martiena, Lyle, Holly and Ruth for coming out and experiencing this phase. We began the night with a game called “Chain of Events” where the group composed a story about Sam the Dragon, Atlas the price check clerk and Isis’s housewarming party! Later in the night we used the “Chain of Events” game to find answers to 3 of the 11 questions posted by the members in attendance. The questions we addressed were “What is my next step?” “How do I balance career and relationship?” and “How do I use my uniqueness to pursue a career serving humanity?”

As our fist hour concluded we broke and shared in the pineapple rice Melody had brought for the group. In the second hour we built a “Human Bridge”. In this activity each participant built a Three-Sectioned bridge, identifying the building blocks which closed the critical gap between where you are and where you’d like to be. Each “Link” in the bridge held an intention for the builder. (For example: my quest is to raise an annual income in 60 Days. Each link in my chain held an intention - “I hold the intention of the Joint Venture partnerships you’ve established this week.” “I hold the intention of your outreach to UU churches.” “I hold the intention for your Meetup outreach.” “I hold the intention of your completing the 60 Day Quest of raising an annual income.") After you design your “Own” bridge, the bridge speaks back and offers possible additional or alternate courses of action.

We wrapped up by identifying three “symbolic talismans” to draw upon this week to help us leave the Shadow and continue on our quest. These talismans, once identified, will aid us through the emotional Act 2 - like Dorothy’s ruby slippers, Frodo’s light star which protected him from the giant spider, or Ariadne’s string.

My symbols to be used this week include the following:

The Lotus Blossom: Reminds me to contact an old friend who continues to be brought to my attention. This friend has experience in booking workshops.

The Candle: Reminds me to honor and nurture my partners in their intentions and respective quests.

A Chain of Hands: Reminds me reach out to my non-profit partner to establish the charitable and non-profit side of my business.

This is truly starting to feel like an epic quest. These three talismans, though symbolic in nature, represent three very real amulets to use along the way.

In profound curiosity of the day,
Mike
Michael Shoeman
“The Life Artist”

Author of The Destiny 5 Experience

1 comment:

  1. This Mastermind Meeting was awesome. I learned so much doing the bridge building, by just listening to the group's wisdome.

    Thought I'd share my three talismans with you:

    My first talisman is a sailboat that is easily flowing with the River of Abundance.

    My second talisman is a very simple medicine wheel, where every quadrant is the color of all the people of the Earth (Red, Yellow, Black, White). It is labelled, "All My Relations are Gdd's Children."

    My third talisman is Mother Earth herself. She is the reason I am here today, and I feel very blessed and grateful to be in service to the Divine Plan unfolding during her transformation.

    ReplyDelete