LifeACT International

LifeACT International
"What's your quest?" (Click on the LifeACT logo to be redirected to the National Mastermind Meetup Miracles group!)

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

DAY 10: Friendly Shadows

DAY 10: Friendly Shadows

February 23, 2011
8:27am

I've allowed myself to be relaxed and enjoyed last night. It occurs to me that I’m a very driven person and have the temptation to get lost in my work. I took time out to have an enjoyable evening with my girlfriend and “put work away” for the evening. One of the deeper reasons for this 60 Day Quest, and raising an annual income within that time, is to have the freedom to be with her more. Sometimes I wonder how many relationships have been destroyed by workaholism or of one’s desperate need to prove oneself to the world.

Again, all remnants of this Shadow quality.

Had a wonderful meeting with Joshua Duncan yesterday. The two of us found a very compelling intersection with our work. It seems each element of the hero’s journey has a very poignant parallel to Aharata (think combination of yoga with an “internal” martial art) and the charging of and harnessing the power of each chakra. Joshua and I are developing a program where I guide the participants through the hero’s journey and Joshua will focus on the element of energetic awareness through this process. During my Origins phase Joshua focuses on the crown chakra; during the Shadow - the third eye; during the Helping Hands - the throat…and so on. It makes me realize that this partnership with Joshua could be an exciting bridge into the worlds of Yoga, Martial Arts and other facilities offering eastern solutions.

It makes me alsoappreciate the week I’m having. Every single day this week I’ve been meeting with potential business partners. Even though my niche is Meetups and Universal Unitarian promotion, my potential partners offer bridges to the worlds of (as mentioned) yoga and martial arts but also the spiritual, entrepreneurial and holistic communities. Other partners this week could open doors to the theater community or the world of mental health or the mentoring of teens. This is the positive part of the “2” energy or the Shadow: it's a call to listen very carefully to the needs of others and blending intentions. I'm beginning to believe that that’s what the Shadow is calling us to do in order to successfully navigate this phase.


WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? EXERCISE:
Me: But this week I’m starting to see things different…
Shadow: What happens next?
Me: I’m meeting every day with some wonderful friends and potential business partners…
Shadow: What happens next?
Me: There are bridges being formed - almost as if the Helping Hands phase is starting early…
Shadow: What happens next?
Me: My work truly does excite me knowing this…
Shadow: What happens next?
Me: I’m realizing that there are wonderful aspects to the Shadow such as being receptive and stepping into the worlds of others.
Shadow: What happens next?
Me: It’s meant to be that I’ve momentarily stepped away from my daily routines of putting out The Destiny 5 Experience to the public…
Shadow: What happens next?
Me: I’m ready for action steps to make this 60 Day Quest a reality…
Shadow: What happens next?
Me: I’m going to post this blog…
Shadow: What happens next?
Me: I’m going to continue my audio recordings…
Shadow: What happens next?
Me: I’m going to have two wonderful meetings today with no attachment to outcome...
Shadow: What happens next?
Me: I will go to bed tonight with my vision clearer than I did last night…and every night hence.

Mike Shoeman
"The Life Artist"

CLICK HERE for 1 of 8 in a series entitled “The Most Memorable Meetup EVER!”  Please follow the 8 eight 3-5 minute clips on how to make your Meetup the Most Memorable!
CLICK HERE for the latest installment of the LifeACT Video Ezine.
CLICK HERE for The Destiny 5 Experience Video.

1 comment:

  1. Mike,

    Started reading your blog and absolutely love the depth of your vulnerability and commitment. Feeling very honored to share this leg of the journey with you.

    Thank you so very much!

    By the way, I shared your post on my blog about my quest!

    ReplyDelete