LifeACT International

LifeACT International
"What's your quest?" (Click on the LifeACT logo to be redirected to the National Mastermind Meetup Miracles group!)

Monday, July 25, 2011

DAYS 9 and 10

DAY 9, Sunday, July 24

I very much enjoyed yesterday’s taping. Here are the team results before “makeup points are awarded”.

From the BITCHIN’ BADGERS
Ruth, Rebekah and I earn 3 points. Ilyse will earn 2 points once she successes fully ties in the Qigong footage with her Quest.
BITCHIN’ BADGERS: 23 (25 pending)

4HARMONY had Melody, Morgana, Shelli and myself in attendance for a total of 12 points. Charlotte, who was at the same Qigong workshop as Ilyse, can earn 2 points for tying the experience into her Quest.
4HARMONY: 26 (28 pending)

Yesterday we covered the “Shadow” and focused on overcoming what is really getting in our way. I think yesterday’s work had inspired me to intentionally take 4 to 5 hours today and begin downloading the footage. There’s about 11 hours already recorded to create 5 episodes.

The Shadow is about tapping into the “opposite” forces you need to get over the first roadblock. We each confronted who in the past had put the idea of limitation into our minds. We faced our Shadows by playing
Mirrors, What Happens Next?, and even had a sword duel with our shadows.

There were many common themes experienced by the D5 team yesterday: strained relationships, money concerns, and the shadow was creeping into all of our lives.

Upon reflecting on yesterday’s events, I realize that my shadow is time. I get lost in a world where I feel like I have all the time in the world. I seem easily distracted at this point in my life. It’s hot, I’m frustrated and it seems like there’s a never ending stream of house chores to do.

My own reflections:

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? (ROUND 1)
I don’t have time to edit this properly.
What happens next?
I don’t have a professional videographer.
What happens next?
I’m overwhelmed with life.
What happens next?
I get distracted too easily.
What happens next?
I keep making intentions to travel with this but it never seems to happen.
What happens next?
I’m too tired.
What happens next?
People don’t see the value of this work.
What happens next?
I’ve been kidding myself this entire time.
What happens next?
I wish things could be easier.
What happens next?
I find something else that will take away my time and attention.
What happens next?
I quite without realizing I’ve quit.

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? (ROUND 2)
I don’t have time to edit this properly.
Yes, you do.
I do, because I’m doing it as I journal today.
No, you’re not.
I’m also dwelling on my setbacks when I distract myself therefore not accomplishing the work.
No, you’re not.
I’m just doing the work.
What happens next?
I find myself wanting to do just a little more.
What happens next?
I’m already lining up footage for the first 5 minutes.
What happens next?
I’m pleased that I’ve been able to get this done today because I’ve intended on it.
No, you don’t.
I’m pleased because I’ve simply decided to be pleased and the work simply follows my mood.
What happens next?
I simply enjoy the process of editing DESTINY 5 with no attachment to outcome.
What happens next?
I find excuses to do the work everyday.
No, you don’t.
I find excuses to do the work and enjoy it everyday.

After this last round, I realize that the shadow is all about working with chaos. There are many opportunities to give up, just as there are many opportunities to proceed with determination. But the real challenge is not being conscious of ANY of these opportunities.

DAY 10, Monday, July 25 2011

Started session 2 for summer camp. Have 20 kids in my class and half of them volunteered to help make a video for the television project. This will help me take one step closer to doing this as a career. There’s excitement buzzing!

No comments:

Post a Comment