LifeACT International

LifeACT International
"What's your quest?" (Click on the LifeACT logo to be redirected to the National Mastermind Meetup Miracles group!)

Monday, August 1, 2011

DAYS 14,15,16


DAY 14, Friday, July 29 2011

I found myself noting a very interesting discovery while staging a sword fight today. For the DESERT scene, Lancelot is teaching would-be knights of the round table three concepts. (Inspired by the movie First Knight, staring Richard Gere and Sean Connery.)

The three lessons Lancelot teaches are as follows…

1. Cultivate patience. Never rush in to an opponent, when an opening presents itself take it without hesitation.

2. Study your opponent. Know them as you know yourself.

3. You mustn’t care whether you live or die.

To demonstrate the final lesson, Lancelot takes on two students at the same time. What starts out as a sparring session turns into a dark moment where Lancelot severely injures both students while putting one of them in a position where Lancelot could easily take his life. I equate with the professional wrestling instructor breaking his student’s leg on the first day of training. When a student comes under the presumption that professional wrestling is “all fake”, he soon learns that if he chooses to return, much like the knight, then it becomes a lifelong commitment.

I’m realizing that teaching this hero’s journey material, teaching real life drama skills, is a life calling for me. The emotional and financial battle scars run deep and are now affecting my outlook. I feel as if I’m now fully engaged and there is no turning back from the destiny I’ve created for myself.
Thoughts create behavior. Behavior creates habit. Habits create character. Character creates a destiny.

DAY 15, Saturday, July 30 2011

BITCHIN’ BADGERS: 25 + 13 = 38
4HARMONY: 28 + 15 = 43

Everyone was in attendance for the HELPING HANDS session today. It felt good having everyone there. I’m looking forward to seeing how the teams help each other with the individual quests.
 
DAY 16, Sunday, July 31 2011

Took a break and visited my parents. It reminds me that I really would like to travel more while doing my work. That’s imperative.

DAY 17, Monday, August 1 2011

I’m exhausted. Waiting to do a phone interview about the DESTINY 5 show.

Waking up today caused me some fear and trepidation. Re-centered myself on the ride to camp but got bogged down by the immensity of work yet to be done before the kids’ final presentation on Friday. Looking forward to camp being over and really focusing on editing the D5 show.

No comments:

Post a Comment