LifeACT International

LifeACT International
"What's your quest?" (Click on the LifeACT logo to be redirected to the National Mastermind Meetup Miracles group!)

Saturday, July 23, 2011

INNOCENCE AND ORIGINS (WEEK 1, DAYS 4-8)

INNOCENCE AND ORIGINS (Week 1)

DAY 4, Tuesday, July 19
Overwhelmed with work at the summer camp. Took footage of my theater camp to use as B-role for my story.

DAY 5, Wednesday, July 20
Started out overwhelmed and with a downtrodden attitude. Re-centered myself on the car ride to work and dedicated myself to playing at camp. Kids made phenomenal progress when I did a hero’s journey meditation with them. During their run through of the show I focused only on what I really enjoyed and appreciated about their performances instead of focusing on constructive criticism. This helped me to truly experience the “Innocence” theme of this week and I had one of the best days of my life and career because of it.

DAY 6, Thursday, July 21
Finally cleared out my files and am ready to begin uploading DESTINY 5 videos. I’m a little disappointed that I haven’t gotten more done as some days this isn’t beginning to feel like a real quest yet. But we’re already into DAY 6! My thoughts were on one of my very talented students who holds back on a lot of her performances. I was agitated in that when you’re given an immense talent, you only hurt yourself when you let the world tell you you’re not good enough. I continued to encourage her, using both positive reinforcement of her talent and the negative reinforcement of “selfishness” by not giving the gift of her talent. Now I’m giving myself the same lecture about this DESTINY 5 project.

DAY 7, Friday, July 22
Final performance for my summer camp today. I start with a new class on Monday. Very tumultuous day. The kids were unwisely given sugar and caffeine during their pizza party and were both hyper and moody. The show was very enjoyable as the kids created a moment that I believe might have defined some of their childhoods. We all experienced the hero’s journey through this production and shared the lessons with a very appreciative audience. My hope is that the quests of the Little Mermaid, Elphaba, the Wicked Queen, Mary Poppins, Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, Gandalf, Dorothy and Willy Wonka will remind the children of their own life hero’s journey.

DAY 8, Saturday, July 23
We’re about ready to film SHADOWS today at the Sanktuary Spa. Three cast members will not be in attendance and I’m sad about that. Today is definitely a critical day in the journey. My Shadow is my own lack of time and energy to properly edit this project. My intention is to find the answer, the source, of how to consistently work every day in spite of a demanding summer camp schedule, taking care of a house and working a second job.

No comments:

Post a Comment